Terms and Conditions
Effective date: 08/03/2017
These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms”) are between you ("you") and Scissor Guild (“Scissor Guild,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and control orders and pre-orders placed by you for Scissor Guild's products (each a “Product”). Please read these Terms carefully before submitting your order or pre-order (collectively“order”). Your order confirms you consent to these Terms.
1. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to place orders for Products. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. Payment. Payment must be made at the time your order is placed.
1. Pricing and Availability. Prices for Products are posted on our website, www.scissorguild.com. Scissor Guild reserves the right to change the prices of its Products on a going forward basis at any time in its sole discretion. We do our best to ensure that the prices posted for our Products are correct, but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Product, or the availability of a Product you have ordered, we will inform you of the error as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order or cancelling it. If we are unable to reach you regarding the error, we will cancel the order and refund payment to you.
1. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the design of any Product at any time;
2. The designs and materials of pre-order items may change during the manufacturing process.
3. We make reasonable efforts to accurately represent the colours and materials comprising our Products but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of your computer display when viewing images of the Products on our website.
4. We make reasonable efforts to represent each Product as it will be delivered to you, but you understand and agree that the final Products delivered to you may differ in appearance, construction and function from the images and descriptions provided at the time you place your order.
5. If you are dissatisfied with any Product, you may return the product for a refund according to our refund policies set forth in Section 4.
4. Refunds and Exchanges.
1. Cancellations. You may cancel an order at any time before shipping. To cancel your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Returns & Exchanges. We are happy to exchange or provide a refund for Products which are unused and suitable for resale, as long as you return them to Scissor Guild within 30-days of the date of shipment. If you want to return or exchange your Product, please email email@example.com with your order number and exchange or refund preference. We will email you with instructions on how to ship the item(s) back to us. All returns and exchanges must be approved before you ship the Product back to us. Unapproved returns or exchanges may be rejected and returned to you. Other than returns or exchanges for damaged Products, you are responsible for the cost of returning and/or exchanging Products to us and those Products are your responsibility until they reach us, so please make sure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items. We recommend that you ship your return using a service that allows you to track the items you are returning. If you are exchanging a Product you are responsible for paying any increase in price between your original Product and your exchanged Product, as well as shipping costs to return the exchanged Product to you. You must pay any additional amounts before we will ship the exchanged Product to you. If the cost of your exchanged Product is less than the amount paid for your original Product, will apply the difference to any shipping fees and will refund any remaining balance to you.
3. Refunds. Your refund will be applied to the original form of payment. Please allow up to six weeks for refunds to post to your account. If for any reason, Scissor Guild is unable to refund to the original form of payment (for example, due to a cancelled credit card or a closed PayPal account), Scissor Guild will make every reasonable attempt to contact you to arrange for the refund.
4. Damaged Products. We will gladly exchange any Product that is damaged during shipping from us to you, so long as we are notified about the damage within 72-hours of your receipt of the Product. Direct shipping costs related to the exchange of a damaged Product for domestic (CAN) orders will be reimbursed by Scissor Guild. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding Products damaged during shipping; photos of alleged damage may be requested before any exchange can be processed.
- Standard Shipping. Shipping costs for in-stock Product orders are charged at the time you place your order. Most orders for in-stock Products are shipped from our facilities within seven business days of receipt of your order and payment. If there is a delay, we will notify you by mail or email. Items ordered together may not arrive in the same box. Orders containing both in-stock and pre-order Products will be treated as pre-orders and subject to the provisions applicable to pre-orders.
6. Transfer and Risk of Title.
Unless stated otherwise herein, or otherwise agreed to between you and Scissor Guild, title and risk of loss of the Product passes to you upon our delivery of the Product to the shipping carrier, and you are responsible for any loss or damage to the Product from that point. Claims against a carrier for damage during shipping are your responsibility.
Tax, tariff, import, customs, and other charges applicable in your jurisdiction (“Fees”) may be charged at the time you place your order or you may be required to pay such amounts prior to receipt of your Product. You are solely responsible for all Fees in connection with your order. If you are unable or unwilling to pay any of the Fees associated with your order, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel your order and return your payment. We reserve the right to refuse to cancel your order if the order is held in customs because you are unwilling or unable to pay the applicable Fees or other charges assessed by any third party.
8. Export Control.
Products may be subject to export control laws and other laws and regulations of Canada and other countries. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations, and you represent and warrant that you will not export, re- export, or transfer indirectly or directly any Product in violation of such laws and/or regulations. You will defend and hold Scissor Guild harmless against all claims, damages, or liability resulting you’re your breach of the foregoing.
9. Use of Products.
Products are for your own personal use and not for resale. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances in connection with your use of the Product, including, without limitation, all safety laws.
10. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Scissor Guild guarantees the Products we manufacture against Materials Defects for up to five (5) years from your receipt of the Product (“Product Lifetime”). “Materials Defects” means defects in seams, zippers, snaps, rivets and other hardware and textile materials. Your sole remedy for Materials Defects is to return the affected Product to us for repair or replacement. Scissor Guild will, at it’s sole discretion, choose to repair or replace products with repair typically being the preferred course of action. For any Materials Defects that occur during the Product Lifetime, repairs and all related shipping costs are on us, with the exception of any customs, duties, tariffs or taxes incurred by shipping new or repaired merchandise back to you. Beyond the Product Lifetime, we may offer repair services at set fees. All warranty claims must be approved by us in advance. Please email email@example.com regarding all warranty claims; photos of alleged defects may be requested before any warranty claim can be processed.
This warranty does not apply to:
1. General wear and tear, damage from extreme use, or uses other than the Product’s intended purpose;
2. Cosmetic variations and changes in Product appearance due to exposure to sun, weather, water, heat, cold, abrasion, or use of third-party cleaners or conditioners. Materials may change in appearance over time, and such changes due to age are not covered by this warranty.
2065 Rue Parthenais, Studio 288A
Montréal, QC, H2K 3T1